Jan 16, 2012

When life gives you lemons

In the past 21 days I have been home only 7. Traveling to my parents & family for holidays and a trip to Branson.
I traveled back to KFR to be w a friend during a hard time & a funeral and was there for a week without the hubs and w 2 sick girls.
In the 7 days of being home that includes a trip to the ER for Jonathan and 4 days of recovery and a trip to the ER for Brayce w her being admitted to the hospital.



It's been a crazy few weeks to say the least.
But this post is a goals post... And life keeps getting in the way. But what's normal anyways?!  I keep letting the circumstances of life get in the way of my goals of health. This is life. The ups and downs and the calm and crazy times.
I struggled these weeks to run and do my weight watchers. I have decided I am an emotional eater and while my emotions do taste good I must stay on track. Like I've said before I have the desire to do these things but I have to have the do. Someone told me something yesterday - they said so and so wants to be on the host team so bad but they just can't get to church that early. I responded I guess they don't actually want to be on the team that bad then. Well I have to say the same about me. If I don't make it a priority to run and to keep track of my food then I guess I don't want to be healthy that bad.
I am not perfect in this quest by far - it's the opposite! Everyday is a struggle to stay on track and to make the right choices. But I do believe I am going the right direction.
So once again back on track...

3 comments:

  1. Oh,no! What happened to JD and to Brayce?! I hope everyone is ok now! I hope everything settles down for you, and it's definitely okay if the craziness of life throws you off track a bit. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! Poor little Brayce. Good post KC. Keep encouraged. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tina, JD caught a bad virus that was going around. It was bad but luckily pretty fast. He was so dehydrated he had to go to the ER and get an iv w/ fluids and was in pain so they gave him a pain killer and he slept for 6 hours there and then pretty much for the next 3 days straight. He's 100% recovered tho! Brayce started feeling bad a week ago and got so bad this past Saturday we took her to the ER and she was diagnosed with RSV. She had to stay the night in the hospital to receive medicine and breathing treatments. The saddest part was it took 4 times before they got her IV in. :( gosh that's hard to watch your baby go through that much pain. She seems pretty good today. Has actually been playing some! However, Kai was sick a week ago and got some medicine and started feeling much better until last night. She was awake all night throwing up and has been asleep on the couch, waking up to throw up and going back to sleep. :( SICK BUG GO AWAY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...