Jan 6, 2012

2012

As 2012 begins like so many others I think about how I want this year to be different and better. I think as humans we can't help but be reminded every year of our past mistakes and how we are going to change. Well, this year my husband and I have been reflecting and we know this year we must live on PURPOSE. Everything we do we are going to do on purpose and be intentional. Our spiritual walk, our finances, our relationships, our health, and our photography business. We know if we don't take control of our daily lives that it will just fly by like every other year has and we could end just the same in all areas, not improving on anything. Now, don't get me wrong 2011 was FANTASTIC. The best year I have ever had - they just keep getting better and better. But this year I don't want to just have a great year. I want to accomplish my goals and improve our lives.
This year I will have DISCIPLINE. Discipline in my spending habits! - Man, I've turned into such a shopper! I will have discipline in our monthly budget, asking Do we NEED this? And sticking to it. I will have discipline about my time management and how I spend my 24 hours in a day. AKA - I am currently cutting out facebook completely from my life and I must say, I have LOVED it. I seem to have so much more time in a day. I will be disciplined in my health. I am doing weight watchers and running and have some big goals in those areas. I will be disciplined in my spiritual walk and the time I spend with God each day and the books I read.
None of this is easy and I am struggling to be disciplined in each area but I know with each day I will have some successes and some failures, but each day improving.
This is the year I will FINISH. I will complete my goals I have had for myself. My weight loss goals, my photography goals, my health, my running goals, my financial goals, and my goals of being the best mom and wife I can be. By living on purpose and being disciplined I will be able to FINISH. and Finish strong.

My word for 2012 is FINISH!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I completely feel the same way! I admire your drive and discipline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my comment is the same as Tinas!!! Please keep your blog posted!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...