Jan 9, 2011

Marriage is what you make it



Marriage is what you make it and what am I making of mine??? Today we started the marriage series at COS! I love this time of year. We get to refocus our marriage on being a God centered marriage. This year it is Marriage is what you make it. Today we talked about the first marriage Adam and Eve and how It was never was Gods intention for man to be above women. This is a result of a fallen world. God said it would now be woman's desire to be in control so he said man would rule over their wife. God wants us to be compatible and coincide with one another. We don't need to focus on what our spouse needs to change to be better but what I can do. (go to www.grovecos.com to see the sermon online Pastor Mike definitely does a better job sharing the word than I do!)
I love being married and I love my husband. Neither of us are perfect but we are definitely perfect for each other! God brought us together 5 years ago. And what a blessing Jonathan has been in my life. He is the most loving and kind man. We don't have big issues or fights and don't struggle with getting along. However our marriage isn't perfect. I need to work on being a better wife and focus more on meeting my husbands needs. It is too easy to get complacent and lazy in love. I love that he is my best friend but that does not mean he is my roommate. And I am guilty of this.
I want to focus this month on finding and rekindling the spark of a couple just falling in love. That every time I say I love you it's like the first time. Running home and writing it in my journal - He loves me! He loves me! That every kiss is seeing fireworks and sparks fly - not just a quick peck as we cross paths heading out the door. I don't want to take for granted the feel of his hand in mind. And when our eyes meet I want to focus on seeing into his heart and sharing a piece of mine with him.
I love you my husband and am excited to become a better wife. A wife you deserve! (but no I'm still not going to cook!) :) BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

2 comments:

  1. and i love you more than I ever could express!! We are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Please post all the things you learn from the series! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...