Jan 2, 2011

Every Cent Counts


My husband and I went through Dave Ramsey's FPU - Financial Peace University these past 90 days and finished up a couple weeks ago. This program has been a HUGE blessing in our lives!
We are on baby step 2 which is to pay off all debt. In the past 3 months we have been able to have a $1000 emergency fund (baby step 1) and pay off $2600 in debt!!! It's exciting to see each month how much we are able to put towards our debt (student loans).
We have been able to do this mainly because we are now living off a budget - we tell our money where to go and we know where it does! (We use the iPhone app AceBudget to keep track of every transaction - AWESOME APP, I recommend it!) A budget has been one of the best things to come into our financial lives. We decide how much we want to spend on each category while keeping some areas tight but we are still living more than comfortably while making a dent in our debt. OUR GOAL is to have my student loans paid off in 18 months and then another 18 months for Jonathan's student loans! Then we'll be debt free!! (besides our house mortgage) October 2013! It'll be fun to go back and read this to see how fast we were able to accomplish our goal! :)
In September I was able to change jobs back to the access department at the hospital and start working part time - 3 days a week. I really enjoy my job but truly love love love working part time. This allows me to work and add income for my family but I also have a 4 day weekend EVERY week. I get to spend all day Thursdays and Fridays at home with my girl - soon to be girlS! The first 18 months of Kairi's life I was not able to be her primary caregiver because I worked 5 days a week and this was very hard on me. God has blessed me with his perfect timing and opened the door to be able to work part time. Every time I think about my job I thank my Lord for giving me this blessing!
I am also so thankful for my husband's job, he loves his job and the church is so good to him. Plus, his dad is his boss how awesome is that!?!
God wants to be at the center of our life and be a part of EVERY aspect in our life. Jonathan and I have invited God into our finances and He is blessing us beyond our wildest dreams! Every cent counts and is a blessing! He has made our income stretch and provides for our every need!

2 comments:

  1. One of the greatest things we have ever done was deciding to take control of our money and managing it the way God wants us to. Thank you babe for keeping all the numbers straight, and thank you God for all your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dave Ramsey and FPU is amazing! :) Way to go on getting your E.F and paying off some debt! Way to be a gazelle. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...